From: Joan K. Lippincott <joan@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: ECDL 2008 (Sept. 14-19, 2008 in Aarhus, Denmark) program available
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:55:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I am very pleased to be a program co-chair for this conference.  I look forward to seeing many cni-announce subscribers there.
--Joan Lippincott
--------------------------

***Apologies for Cross Postings***

12’th European Conference on European Conference on Research and
Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, September 14-19 2008, Aarhus,
Denmark

The program for ECDL 2008 is available and can be found at:
www.ecdl2008.org. The conference takes place September 14-19 2008 in
Aarhus, Denmark. We want to point your attention to the deadline for
early registration with reduced registration fee which is July 31 2008.

A very interesting program will featuring 3 invited talks, 38 paper
presentations, a panel discussion and two poster/demo sessions. The
conference is preceded by a day with tutorials and followed by two days
of workshops. The conference will therefore provide ample opportunities
for discussing hot issues in digital library research.

The invited talks are:
Brewster Kahle, who has suggested a title "Universal Access to All
Knowledge"
Carole Gobles : “Curating Services and Workflows: the Good, the Bad and
the Downright Ugly”
Daniel Teruggi: “Users - Usability - User requirements - User
friendly... are these concepts the center of every project?”

Please visit the website www.ecdl2008.org for more information and for
registration.

We hope to see you in Aarhus

Birte Christensen-Dalsgaard, Bolette Ammitzbøll Jurik, Donatella
Castelli, and Joan Lippincott