Mailing Lijst CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org Bericht #113311
From: Joan K. Lippincott <joan@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Posters requested for ARL/CNI Fall Forum
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:55:06 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>

Dear cni-announce subscribers:

This is a follow-up message to the earlier announcement of the ARL/CNI Fall Forum.

At the fall Forum co-sponsored by ARL and CNI, Reinventing Science Librarianship: Models for the Future, we are planning to have a poster session following the opening segment of the program (October 16, 5-7 pm during a reception).   We are soliciting posters for this event and encourage you to participate in highlighting projects from your institution. The scope is broad and includes areas such as data services, planning efforts to address the challenges of e-science, projects to support specific scientific communities, staff education programs, or new organizational models for science librarianship.

While it would be a “plus” to have knowledgeable individuals on hand to respond to questions about the posters, we would expect that the posters could provide sufficient information to “stand alone” (with relevant contact information for further details) and there is no requirement to staff the session.

If you are interested in submitting a poster for this session, please send a brief description of your project/model/initiative to Julia Blixrud (jblix@arl.org ) for review by September 8. Organizers will review and be in contact to arrange for logistics.

The ARL/CNI Fall Forum will bring together leadership from the research libraries community as well as campus IT.  The Forum’s focus is on the changing arena of science and engineering research and the library’s role in engaging and supporting the community’s needs.  The agenda will cover issues such as data management/curation, supporting virtual organizations, and education in support of these new library roles.

This promises to be an exciting program—a timely topic where emergent models and exemplary projects will be of benefit to us all.  I encourage you to attend and to consider submitting a poster. Details and a preliminary agenda can be found at: http://www.arl.org/events/fallforum/forum08/oct08schedule.shtml

Inschrijven (FEED) Inschrijven (DIGEST) Inschrijven (INDEX) Uitschrijven Mailen naar Listmaster