From: Clifford Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: New Report "Beyond the Silos of the LAMs"
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:30:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
New Report "Beyond the Silos of the LAMs"
The RLG Programs at OCLC group has just issued a really helpful and illuminating report on collaboration and convergence among museums, libraries and archives, with a strong focus on case studies in university settings, and on incentives and environmental and organizational factors that can facilitate and advance such collaborations. This report is part of a broader program that is briefly described in the announcement from OCLC, which I have reproduced below.

The report can be found at

No comment on the title of the report.

---------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

I'd like to alert you that our latest publication, a report on library, archive and museum collaboration by our contractor Diane Zorich and Program Officers Günter Waibel and Ricky Erway is now available on the RLG Programs Web site. "Beyond the Silos of the LAMs - Collaboration among Libraries, Archives, and Museums" (.pdf: 334K/59 pp.) highlights lessons learned from five LAM workshops held at RLG Partner institutions in the US and the UK, and contains information about inspiring collaborative projects in campus environments. The bulk of the report, however, is dedicated to the catalysts which allow collaboration to thrive. These insights should be helpful to anyone who is trying to foster deeper working relationships.

Next year, you'll have the opportunity to hear from many of the workshop participants in person. The Committee on Archives, Libraries and Museums (CALM) has endorsed a series of panel presentations at ALA, SAA and AAM during 2009, which will give workshop participants from University of Edinburgh, Princeton University, the Smithsonian Institution, the Victoria and Albert Museum, and Yale University a platform to share the progress their institutions have made in aligning the efforts of their collecting units to provide a better experience for their respective audiences.

Best regards,
Melissa

***

Melissa Renspie
Senior Communications Officer, RLG Programs
OCLC Programs and Research
6565 Kilgour Place
Dublin, OH 43017-3395
Phone: (614) 761-5231