From: Clifford Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: NYC METRO Symposium, Digital Dilemmas, April 16, 2009
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 02:45:58 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
NYC METRO Symposium, Digital Dilemmas, April 16, 2009
Next week, on April 16th, I'll be one of the speakers at what promises to be a really excellent symposium being offered by the METRO (the Metropolitan New York Library Council) in New York City. I understand that there are still places available, and I've reproduced the conference announcement below.

When: Thursday, April 16, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Check-in and light breakfast begin at 8:30 a.m.)
Fee: $125 METRO members and students; $175 nonmembers
Location: William and Anita Newman Conference Center at Baruch College, 151 East 25th Street in Manhattan
Register for this symposium: http://bit.ly/xJF0

Digital Dilemmas is a full-day symposium that brings together nationally recognized experts who will outline the primary challenges facing libraries in a digital world; provide an understanding of the digital information economy and its effect on scholarship; and suggest future opportunities for libraries.

The symposium, which is hosted by METRO and sponsored in part by OCLC, will provide librarians and library administrators with the opportunity to learn from leaders in the field and network with colleagues from the region working to address these challenges and seize potential opportunities.

Presenters include Clifford Lynch (Director, Coalition for Networked Information), Evan Owens (Chief Technology Officer, Portico), Roger Schonfeld (Research Manager, Ithaka), Patricia Aufderheide (Director, Center for Social Media, American University), and Dan Cohen (Director, Center for History and New Media, George Mason University).

View a detailed description of the symposium agenda: http://bit.ly/110erG

For more information, contact Jason Kucsma, Emerging Technologies Manager, at (212) 228-2320 Ext 23 or jkucsma@metro.org.