Mailing Lijst CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org Bericht #113450
From: Clifford Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: The Long Tail of News report
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:16:09 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The Long Tail of News report
I recently read a very interesting report titled "The Long Tail of News" prepared by Kathy English, the public editor of the Toronto Star  newspaper. This is a discussion, from the perspective of newspapers, of the growing issue of demands to "unpublish" articles that are persistently visible through search engines such as Google. This discussion has implications for the integrity of the historical record, and also some interesting connections to the issues that libraries, archives and other institutions face in digitizing collections, and will, I think, be of interest to some members of the CNI community.

Information on the study, and a pointer to the report, can be found at

http://www.j-source.ca/english_new/detail.php?id=4532

I'm grateful to Melinda Burns for the pointer to this report.

Inschrijven (FEED) Inschrijven (DIGEST) Inschrijven (INDEX) Uitschrijven Mailen naar Listmaster