Mailing Lijst CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org Bericht #113515
From: Joan K. Lippincott <joan@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: NISO Journal Article Versions Survey
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 08:45:57 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
NISO is hoping for a broad response to its survey on version practices related to journal articles.  You'll find a link to the survey below.
--Joan Lippincott

Online publishing allows for the release of multiple versions of journal articles -- and these growing practices are redefining our concept of “publishing” and the “version of record.” How do we determine when a manuscript is considered final? Which version should be cited? How do we best indicate online article versions?

In 2008, NISO published the Recommended Practice, "Journal Article Versions (JAV): Recommendations of the NISO/ALPSP JAV Technical Working Group" (NISO RP-8-2008; available at http://www.niso.org/publications/rp). The recommended version classifications could be incorporated into article metadata for database management, archiving and cataloging, online display, and more.

Now, NISO would like to hear what you think -- how do you manage version control of journal articles? Are you amenable to industry standards for online versions? Who is responsible for managing such version metadata? Please take a moment to contribute your perspectives by answering this short survey by July 16, 2010. It should take no more than five minutes to complete. Following the survey, a report of the results will be made available on the NISO website.

The survey can be found at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PBJSPKR

Thank you for your time!

Best,
Karen Wetzel, Standards Program Manager, NISO
Lettie Conrad, Online Product Manager, SAGE Publications, Inc.
Inschrijven (FEED) Inschrijven (DIGEST) Inschrijven (INDEX) Uitschrijven Mailen naar Listmaster