From: Joan Lippincott <joan@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: CNI Conversations - July recording available
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:17:06 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>

The archived audio recording of the July 15 CNI Conversations session is now available at http://conversations.cni.org/ (to subscribe to the audio feed add http://conversations.cni.org/feed to iTunes, or any podcatcher).  This session includes a recap of the JISC/CNI Edinburgh conference by CNI Executive Director Clifford Lynch and myself; sessions on e-science, "digging into data challenge projects," special collections, institutional strategies for digital content, and services for users of mobile devices were highlighted.  Cliff also discussed the IATUL conference and the Microsoft research meeting.  I gave a summary of an article on the current status of electronic thesis and dissertation (ETD) programs in the US that Cliff and I co-authored and that will appear soon in the ARL publication RLI (issue 270).

About CNI Conversations
CNI Conversations provides an opportunity for individuals from member institutions and organizations to talk to CNI Director Clifford Lynch and others; currently the events take place in audio-conference format.  Questions and discussion are invited and encouraged.  Real-time participation in CNI Conversations requires pre-registration, which is open only to those at member institutions and organizations; if you are interested in participating in CNI Conversations, please contact Jackie Eudell at jackie@cni.org.  We plan to continue to make audio or other records of these exchanges generally available after the event.

For questions or comments related to CNI Conversations, please contact me at Joan@cni.org.

-------
Joan K. Lippincott, Ph.D.
Associate Executive Director