From: Clifford Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Personal Digital Archiving 2011, San Francisco Feb 24/25, 2011
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:35:50 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The call for participation in the 2011 Personal Digital Archiving Conference, to be held at the Internet Archive in San Francisco on Feb 24-25, 2011, has just been released. You can find this at

http://www.personalarchiving.com/2010/11/call-for-participation-for-pda-2011/

and there is registration information at

http://pda2011.eventbrite.com/

CNI was heavily involved in the 2010 edition of this meeting, and I'm delighted to be part of the program commitee for the 2011 meeting. This is a genuinely strategic  meeting that explores key issues surrounding evolving social practices that will reshape everything from the future of special collections to  the practice of public and social history in the next decade or two. You can find a great deal of information about last year's meeting through the links on the personalarchiving.com page, including presentation videos.

I hope that your organization will consider attending if this is relevant to your strategic planning.

We'll also have a session at the Spring CNI member meeting summarizing the outcomes of this meeting.

My thanks to Jeff Ubois and the Internet Archive for their leadership in helping to advance work on this profoundly important set of issues.