From: Joan K. Lippincott <joan@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: 2011 Horizon Report now available
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:35:55 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The 2011 Horizon Report, a collaborative initiative of the New Media Consortium (NMC) and the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) is now available for free download from:

Each year the report identifies and describes key trends that a group of experts believe will have an impact on teaching, learning and creative inquiry.  This year, some of those trends are: electronic books, mobiles, augmented reality, game-based learning, gesture-based computing, and learning analytics.

I highly recommend this report for those who wish to get a concise overview of important trends; in addition, the report includes examples of existing uses of the technologies it highlights and provides links to additional materials.  Full disclosure - I served as a member of the Advisory Board for the second year.

Joan K. Lippincott

Associate Executive Director

Coalition for Networked Information