Mailing Lijst CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org Bericht #113615
From: Clifford Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Materials from Feb 2011 Personal Digital Archiving Meeting
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:10:25 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Jeff Ubois has just sent out the following announcement of availability of the videos from the recent Personal Digital Archiving meeting hosted at the Internet Archive. One talk that I found particularly provocative and highly reccomend is the one by Daniel Reetz (it's one up from the bottom of the list, just before my talk), but there were many others that were outstanding. The conference was heavily blogged, and Jeff has also provided pointers to some of these.

___________________________

Thank you for attending and sharing your thoughts and ideas at Personal Digital Archiving 2011.

Conference videos are up! Jeff Kaplan from the Internet Archive has posted all of them at:
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Apersonalarchiveconf

Additional thanks to all those who have posted comprehensive notes and commentary:

The Conference Circuit http://www.theconferencecircuit.com/topics/personal-archiving-feb-2011/
NDIIPP at Personal Archiving Conference http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/news/2011/20110303_news_pda_conference.html
The Litbrarian Blog http://litbrarian.wordpress.com/2011/02/
PDA2011 notes https://wiki.brown.edu/confluence/display/library/pda2011+notes
The Waki Librarian http://thewakilibrarian.wordpress.com/2011/02/
Web Science and Digital Libraries Research Group http://ws-dl.blogspot.com/2011/03/2011-03-04-personal-digital-archiving.html

There are several postings about specific talks, including:

Brief Talk About PDA 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzApsA2dJJs
Rudy's Blog http://www.rudyrucker.com/blog/2011/02/24/speakage/
The Digital Beyond http://www.thedigitalbeyond.com/tag/pda2011/
Greenest Grass and Bluest Skies: Daniel Reetz @ PDA2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMMogOoWEbI
Personal Digital Archiving 2011 - Charting Collections of Connections in Social Media http://www.slideshare.net/Marc_A_Smith/personal-digital-archiving-2011-charting-collections-of-connections-in-social-media (most popular talk on SlideShare that day)
Family Search https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/White_Paper:_Preserving_Your_Family_History_Records_Digitally
BL Digital Lives http://www.bl.uk/digital-lives/
Gigapan.org  http://www.gigapan.org/gigapans/71443/
"Learnings from the Doug Engelbart Archives" http://collectiveiq.wordpress.com/2011/03/01/personal-digital-archiving-conference-2011/
Personal Digital Archiving 2011 http://www.personal.psu.edu/esc10/blogs/E-Tech/2011/02/personal-digital-archiving-201.html

Many of the photos are quite striking:

Flipbook  http://www.archive.org/stream/pda2011photos#page/n3/mode/2up
Gigapan.org  http://www.gigapan.org/gigapans/71443/
Flickr http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=%23pda2011

Several people have asked about next year. That's not settled yet, but the most likely thing is we'll meet again in February, 2011 at the Internet Archive.

There will be a weekend meeting about personal archives near Chartres, France next month (April 15-17). The discussion will be largely unstructured, and will focus on improvements to the Grazian Archive, and development of a design prize for personal archives. Please contact me at jeff@ubois.com if you are interested in attending. There is no charge to attend, but participants must cover their own travel costs.

All the best,
Jeff Ubois
www.personalarchiving.com
Inschrijven (FEED) Inschrijven (DIGEST) Inschrijven (INDEX) Uitschrijven Mailen naar Listmaster