From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: IDCC Draft Programme now available; call for papers still open
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:00:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I wanted to share the draft programme fo the International Digital Curation Conference, which is now avaialble; see the announcement below. The call for papers is still open for another two weeks.

CNI is again proud to be a co-sponsor of this important meeting. I'll be doing a talk at the end of the first day, and I hope to see many CNI-announce subscribers at the meeting.

---------------------------

Draft Programme and Call for Papers
7th International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC)
Public? Private? Personal? navigating the open data landscape
5-7 December 2011, Marriott Royal Hotel, Bristol, UK
The draft programme for IDCC11 is now available:
http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11/programme

The Call for Papers is still open - closing date for submissions of papers is 25 July 2011.
Possible topic areas arising from our conference theme include:
*Lessons learned from the inter-disciplinary use of open data:
 examples of enablers, barriers and success stories
*Curation of mixed data collections, with open and sensitive or private
 content
*Gathering evidence for benefits of data sharing
*Building capacity for the effective management, sharing and reuse of
 open data
*Scale issues in the management of sensitive data
*Tensions between maintaining quality and openness
*Linked data, open data, closed data and provenance
*Technical and organisational solutions for data security
*Developing new metrics for open data
*Ethical issues and personal data
*Legislation and open data

Call for Papers http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11/call-papers
Submission template:http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11/submissions

Sent on behalf of IDCC10 Programme Committee:
Co-chaired by Kevin Ashley, Director and Liz Lyon, Associate Director of
the DCC and Clifford Lynch, Executive Director of CNI.