From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: deadline extended on OSTP calls for comment on open access & access to data
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:00:10 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
A few weeks ago I shared information on two calls from the US Office of Science and Technology Policy one for  public comment on issues related to public access to articles produced as part of federally funded research, and the other dealing with a range of  policy issues surrounding data produced as as  part of federally funded research. Both had early January 2012 deadlines.

I know from conversations at the CNI fall membership meeting and other venues over the past few weeks that many CNI member institutions and many individuals that are part of the CNI community have a keen interest in one or both of these calls for comment.

I just learned that the deadline for comments has been somewhat extended, allowing those interested more time to respond to these important calls. Here is the full announcement:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/12/21/extended-deadline-public-access-and-digital-data-rfis

My thanks to Prue Adler at the Association of Research Libraries for this pointer.

Happy Holidays.