Mailing Lijst CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org Bericht #113761
From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Pacific Neighborhood/Electronic Cultural Atlas Meeting, Berkeley, Dec 7-9, 2012
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 21:18:45 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Pacific Neighborhood/Electronic Cultural Atlas Meeting, Be
This is quite a special meeting that I've been fortunate to attend a few times over the years, and I'm honored to be doing one of the keynotes this year. ECAI has a long history of groundbreaking, intellectually challenging and important work, and I'm sure a good deal of it will be featured here.

-----------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS
2012 PNC Annual Conference and Joint Meetings
University of California Berkeley, California, December 7-9, 2012 (Friday - Sunday)

Submission Deadline:  July 31, 2012

Invitation to Participate
It's our pleasure to announce that the 2012 PNC Annual Conference and Joint meetings will be held in Berkeley from December 7th to 9th.  The conference is being hosted by ECAI (Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative) and the School of Information at UC Berkeley with the collaboration of the UC Berkeley East Asian Library.

Since ECAI is the primary host of the meeting this year we will be integrating ECAI participation into the entire conference.
The conference theme is "New Horizons: Information Technology connecting Culture, Community, Time, and Place".

Looking to the future, supporting collaboration and shared knowledge, this year's conference will encourage participants to explore several streams of interest and discover relationships between them.

The proposed streams include:
     Collaboration - Building a Collaborative Research Universe - collaboration tools and knowledge integration
     Community - Digital humanities and social sciences in the interest of society
     Virtual Cultural Information Management - Visualization, Analysis, and Interaction - 3D data, multimedia, and virtual museums
     Digital Text - New horizons in text integration, analysis, and visualization
     Cultural Atlases - Integration, Visualization and Complexity -   regions, themes, and change over time
     Open Knowledge - Sharing Cultural Heritage - Semantic Web, Linked Open Data, and related technologies

Further information on the program and proposed panels can be found on the ECAI website at: http://ecai.org/activities/PNC2012

Since its initiation in 1993, the annual PNC Conference has become a key meeting for access to digital research on the Pacific Rim. It is a forum for interaction between scholars, technicians, librarians, museum professionals, educators and anyone working with cultural materials and technology.  Please join us at Berkeley in December to learn the latest development in this fascinating field.

General Contact and send submissions to:
ECAI@berkeley.edu
Hui Nie, ECAI, UC Berkeley
Inschrijven (FEED) Inschrijven (DIGEST) Inschrijven (INDEX) Uitschrijven Mailen naar Listmaster