Mailing Lijst CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org Bericht #113764
From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Digital Preservation Network: Cliff Lynch Speaks with UVA’s James Hilton
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:37:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
In the latest CNI Conversations podcast (http://wp.me/p1LncT-2oE), CNI Executive Director Clifford Lynch speaks with James Hilton, Chief Information Officer at the University of Virginia, about the Digital Preservation Network (DPN), an initiative which aims to create a federated approach to preservation of academic content:

"To avoid the catastrophic loss of scholarship, we must build and sustain a diverse ecosystem that can ensure the survival of scholarship in digital form for future generations.  We envision a system that is scalable, sustainable, and complementary to existing collection and preservation efforts—the Digital Preservation Network (DPN or Deepen)."

For the latest news & information:
Follow CNI:  @cni_org

Diane Goldenberg-Hart
Communications Coordinator
Coalition for Networked Information
21 Dupont Circle, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
202-296-5098
202-872-0884 (Fax)

Inschrijven (FEED) Inschrijven (DIGEST) Inschrijven (INDEX) Uitschrijven Mailen naar Listmaster