From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Learning Space Toolkit launches
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:07:22 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I'm reposting this announcement from our colleagues at NCSU.  The Toolkit is a rich resource devised to assist institutions with the planning process for new types of learning spaces, especially informal (non-classrooom) spaces.  I was pleased to serve on the advisory committee for this project.  I hope you'll check out the website.
Joan Lippincott, CNI
---------
We are happy to announce the release of the Learning Space Toolkit (http://learningspacetoolkit.org).

The Learning Space Toolkit is a freely available resource designed to support the full lifecycle of a learning space design project, from defining the goals and needs to designing the space to supporting it. By using the Toolkit, institutions will be better equipped to orchestrate the planning process so that learners are better supported and spaces, technology, and services are effective. Watch this video (http://youtu.be/bjd8TQnXm5E) for an overview.

Please check out the Toolkit and send us your ideas and reactions. There are feedback links on the website or you can email us directly atinfo@learningspacetoolkit.org.

We are also interested in hearing about your institution's informal learning spaces. Please submit one or more of your spaces for consideration as featured examples in the Toolkit. If you would like to nominate an excellent space that we shouldn’t overlook, there is a link on the Space Browser tool (http://learningspacetoolkit.org/space-browser/).

Thank you,

The Learning Space Toolkit Team
North Carolina State University Libraries and DELTA, brightspot strategy, Strategy Plus at AECOM

The Learning Space Toolkit project is made possible by a National Leadership Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.