From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Research Data Alliance Launch Meeting, Gothenburg, Sweeden, March 18-20, 2013
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:42:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Research Data Alliance Launch Meeting, Gothenburg, Sweeden
Many readers of CNI-announce are aware of the work of the newly-formed Research Data Alliance, which gave a presentation at our December 2012 CNI Member Meeting in Washington.

Fran Berman, who leads the United States participation in the Alliance, has asked me to share the note below with the CNI community, inviting participation in the RDA Launch Event, which will be held in Gothenburg, Sweeden on March 18-20, 2013.

Clifford Lynch
DIrector, CNI

Colleagues,
  I am writing to invite you to attend the launch and first Plenary of the Research Data Alliance (rd-alliance.org), which will take place March 18-20, 2013 in Gothenburg, Sweden. The Research Data Alliance (RDA) is being formed as a global community-driven organization to accelerate data-driven innovation through research data sharing and exchange.    Broad community engagement and targeted efforts are critical to the RDA's success and we invite you to participate actively in the RDA.
  Please join us for the for 3 days of outstanding speakers, working sessions, active contributions, and community discussion at the RDA's launch and first Plenary.  An invitation can be found on the rd-alliance.org website at http://rd-alliance.org/invitation/, and the link to registration is at http://rd-alliance.org/registration.  We look forward to your participation and hope to see you in Gothenburg!
  Fran Berman
  Chair, RDA/US