From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Learning Spaces Collaboratory Workshop at UMass Amherst 5/4/13
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:03:45 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Dear Colleagues:

UMass Amherst is hosting a term-based Learning Spaces Collaboratory workshop on May 4, 2013.  I have been involved with the LSC for a long time, and their workshops are valuable opportunities to learn about the latest trends and to take a team-based approach to learning space planning.  Here is some information about the event.  Please visit the URL below for registration (for a fee) information.
Joan
-------

On Saturday May 4th, UMass Amherst is hosting a Learning Spaces Collaboratory Workshop from 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.

Our theme is formal and informal learning spaces for group and team-based learning.

We will be considering what kind of spaces, configurations, furniture, and technologies  will best suit team learning at each attendee's institution. The workshop will be held in the W.E.B. Du Bois Library, in one of our two new Team-Based Learning Classrooms, where participants will actively engage in exercises and experience first hand the room configuration and technologies as our students do. See http://www.pkallsc.org/ for more information.