From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Contribute to the 100th issue of ELI 7 Things You Should Know About
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:28:46 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I'd like to encourage the CNI constituency to contribute stories to this EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) project that my colleague Malcolm Brown is leading.  Many of you have likely benefited from the informative and timely "7 Things You Should Know About" series that they produce, and EDUCAUSE is now looking for specific ways you and your institution have employed what you learned through a "7 Things" publication.
Joan Lippincott, CNI
--------------
Greetings,
The ELI is preparing the 100th issue of its series 100 Things You Should Know About publication.

To prepare the issue, we are seeking stories about how folks have used the publication in the context of their work. Do you — or any of your colleagues -- have a story that
--describes how you’ve made use of 7 Things;
--illustrates how others at your institution have used 7 Things;
--describes how 7 Things was useful to you or a colleague in an unexpected way;
and so forth.

What we are looking for is the short story (150 words or less) that describes how you used it and not a generic description. Hence not simply “I use it in my courses” but rather something with a bit more detail  “Two years ago, I used several issues on personal digital magazines to initiate my student’s research projects.” No example, as long as it is a real story, is too trivial.

We'll not be quoting directly, but use the story as the basis of a scenario. Anyone whose story (or stories) is selected to help form the basis of the issue will be credited as a contributors.

To see an example of such crediting, go to: http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-intelligent-tutoring-systems

Please write up your story in an email and send it directly to me at mbrown@EDUCAUSE.EDU.

Many thanks in advance!

Malcolm Brown
Director, EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative

EDUCAUSE<http://www.educause.edu/>
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
1150 18th Street, NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20036