From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: National Academy BRDI Open Challenge on Research Data and Information
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 23:30:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
National Academy BRDI Open Challenge on Research Data and
As a way of raising awareness and stimulating thinking about the potential for new uses of research data and information, the US National Academy of Sciences Board on Research Data and Information (which I currently co-chair), has issued an open challenge for exemplary projects. The announcement is below. I hope that there will be some great submissions from members of the CNI community.

The National Academy of Sciences Board on Research Data and Information (BRDI; www.nas.edu/brdi) announces an open challenge to increase awareness of current issues and opportunities in research data and information. These issues include, but are not limited to, accessibility, integration, searchability, reuse, sustainability, perceived versus real value and reproducibility.

A Letter of Intent is requested by December 1, 2013 and the deadline for final entries is May 15, 2014.

Awardees will be invited to present their projects at the National Academy of Sciences in Washington DC as part of a symposium of the regularly scheduled Board of Research Data and Information meeting in the latter half of 2014.

More information is available at http://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/brdi/PGA_085255. Please contact Cheryl Levey (clevey@nas.edu) with any questions.