From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: New Book on Research Data Management and my chapter on future challenges
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:51:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Purdue University Press is about to release a new book titled Research Data Management: Practical Strategies for Information Professionals, edited by Joyce Ray, who many readers of CNI-announce will remember from her service with the US Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). I was delighted to have the opportunity to write a closing chapter for this book, dealing with my view of upcoming research data management challenges, but the core of the book is focused on ongoing work at various leadership institutions currently engaging the research data management challenge. I think that this is going to be a very helpful r(and at least right now, fairly unique) reference  for institutions currently developing and deploying research data management support programs and strategies.

My closing chapter is available via the CNI web site, at

http://www.cni.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Research-Data-Mgt-Ch19-Lynch-Oct-29-2013.pdf

More detailed information on the table of contents, and  on how to order the full volume (which Purdue is making available as both a printed book and an e-book) can be found at

http://www.thepress.purdue.edu/titles/format/9781557536648

and I understand that copies will also be available for purchase at the upcoming Charleston Conference.