From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Research Data Management & the History of Science
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 11:50:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
There's an interesting report from the History of Science Society that looks at the question of how historians of science, as opposed to scientists in various disciplines, need to be represented in efforts to make decisions about the curation and retention of research data, using the context of the recent US Federal government efforts to open up government-produced and government-funded research data. This is an important topic that has had very little in-depth investigation to date, as far as I am aware.

The report is at:

http://www.hssonline.org/publications/Newsletter2013/October-data-management

My thanks to Joyce Ogburn at Appalachian State University for bringing this report to my attention.