From: Clifford Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Third International Data Curation Conference, Washington DC Dec 12-13, 2007
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:15:03 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
I'm very pleased to be able to share this announcement with CNI-announce readers. This will be the first time that the International Data Curation Conference has been held in the United States. I was fortunate to be able to participate in both the first meeting (in Bath, 2005) and the second meeting (in Glasgow, 2006) -- both were outstanding, and you can find information on them here:

http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/events_archive?et=3

Below is the full announcement for the third meeting.

3rd International Digital Curation Conference

The UK Digital Curation Centre (DCC), the US National Science Foundation
(NSF) and the Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) are pleased to
jointly announce the 3rd International Digital Curation Conference to be
held on Wednesday 12th – Thursday 13th December 2007 at the Renaissance
Washington Hotel in Washington DC, USA.

Entitled “Curating our Digital Scientific Heritage: a Global
Collaborative Challenge” the conference will focus on emerging strategy,
policy implementation, leading-edge research and practitioner
experience, and will comprise a mix of peer-reviewed papers, invited
presentations and keynote international speakers.

Further details and a Call for Papers will be published shortly at
http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/dcc-2007/

The event will follow on from the Fall 2007 CNI Task Force meeting which
will be held on Monday 10th – Tuesday 11th December, also at the
Renaissance Washington Hotel, Washington DC.