From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Call for Comments: OCLC report "Registering Researchers in Authority Files"
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:15:45 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
At the CNI Spring Member Meeting earlier this week, Karen Smith-Yoshimura from OCLC and Micah Altman from MIT gave a wonderful presentation of the work of the OCLC Registering Researchers Task Group (see http://www.oclc.org/research/activities/registering-researchers.html ). We should have the materials from their talk available soon, along with other sessions from the Spring meeting.

As part of this presentation, Karen drew attention to a very recently released draft report for comment from this group, which I wanted to highlight for the CNI community, since it is integral to the issues involved in the CNI focus on network-based factual biography. The direct URL for the report is

http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/research/activities/registering-researchers/oclcresearch-registering-researchers-draft-2014-03.docx

see also

http://www.oclc.org/research/activities/registering-researchers/progress.html

for some additional background.

Karen is  looking for comments by April 30.