From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Learning Spaces Collaboratory Webinar "What Works" 6/23/14
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 10:01:17 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I'm looking forward to working with my colleague Anu Vedantham of UPenn when we present this webinar on learning spaces (fee registration).  Another in an excellent series of programs from the Learning Spaces Collaboratory (LSC).
--Joan Lippincott
------------------------

The designers of our active learning spaces are often not the people who teach or learn in them. Well-intended technology and design choices pay off in some cases and sit dusty in others. An intentional approach to design is needed that takes into account both specialized uses of the space and generic uses, especially for informal learning spaces. After an analysis of some learning spaces planning issues, we will look at a series of concrete examples at the University of Pennsylvania of gadgets, software-based and furniture-based technologies. For each, we will ask - why did we choose to implement them? How did we use them? Did they work as expected? How did our usage choices inform the next moment of decision-making? In the spirit of appreciative inquiry and building on the Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) literature, we will abstract out some ideas for extrapolation.

These and other questions will be explored by facilitators (3:30 - 4:30 p.m.); opportunity for questions from participants follow the presentation by facilitators (4:30 - 5:00 p.m.)

Facilitators:

·         Joan K. Lippincott, Associate Executive Director - Coalition for Networked Information
·         Anu Vedantham, Director, Weigle Information Commons - University of Pennsylvania Libraries
https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/1/images/cleardot.gif

A “silent” PPT, beginning at 3:15 p.m., will set the stage for the webinar.

Note that the registration form invites questions as part of the registration process. Here are responses to LSC webinar FAQs.

Registration includes access to a recording of the webinar.

Please be in touch with any questions.

Jeanne