From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Designing Libraries Conference - Calgary
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 19:20:41 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Dear cni-announce subscribers:

A limited number of places are still available at the 3d Designing Libraries Conference, which will be held at the University of Calgary in Canada on September 28-30, 2014.  North Carolina State University Libraries and CNI are co-sponsors of this event.

Librarians, architects, planners, designers, information technologists and others will gather to discuss the challenges and achievements of designing libraries and learning centers for the 21st century.  We will have sessions on an array of topics including creating a vision, focusing on learning, research and technology spaces, planning, interior design, and addressing organization and service models.  We will include many examples from renovated libraries as well as new buildings.

We have a great line-up of speakers and topics as well as two preconferences.  Information on the program and registration, for a fee, is available on the conference website at http://ucalgary.ca/designinglibraries/

Joan Lippincott

Joan K. Lippincott, Ph.D.

Associate Executive Director

Coalition for Networked Information