From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Classrooms for Flipped or Blended Learning: LSC Webinar 4/15/15
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 10:40:22 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
From our colleagues at the Learning Spaces Collaboratory, the next in their excellent series of webinars.
--Joan Lippincott
-------------------------
We invite your participation in the LSC Webinar: Classrooms for Flipped or Blended Learning on April 15th at 3:30pm EDT.

What if by 2015 all “classrooms” in the undergraduate setting are designed for learning by doing—flipped or inverted—rather than for learning by listening?

What if in 2015 those responsible for physical learning environments in the undergraduate setting tackle such an audacious question in their planning?

The April LSC webinar is a conversation about embracing the future, about the processes by which campus teams begin to ask “what if” questions about the future of learning and learning spaces, including:

·         What if resources could be dedicated to experimenting with pedagogies that can be accommodated in an inverted or flipped classroom? What would we learn about what works and why, if and how space matters?

Stories from Davidson College and Harvey Mudd College will set the stage for this conversation, illustrating how campuses probe the value of the inverted classroom, explore blended or flipped learning classrooms or other experimental pedagogies to think about the physical environment of the classroom in new ways.

Predicting the future is not easy, but this is really not about predicting the future—it is about attending to the current reality.

Please be in touch with any questions.

Jeanne