From: Clifford Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: video from Berkeley DataEDGE conference now available
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 14:50:01 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
In early May of this year, I was fortunate to be able to attend the annual DataEDGE conference hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Information. This is a conference that focuses on developments in data science with some emphasis on work going on at Berkeley and more broadly in the Bay Area, and offers a range of presentations dealing with technical developments, workforce, and broader implications of data science.  There is much here that will interest various segments of the CNI community, I thnk.

The videos from the conference are now available to the public and can be found at

http://dataedge.ischool.berkeley.edu/2015/video

along with links to more information about the conference. For those interested in future meetings, DataEDGE 2016 will be held May 5-6, 2016.

Full Disclosure: I am an Adjunct Professor at the Berkeley I-school.