From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Library Publishing Forum 2016 Call for Proposals
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 12:00:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The annual Library Publishing Forum Call for Proposals is out. This is an excellent way to get up to speed on an important trend in academic libraries and to contribute your own innovative work.
--Joan Lippincott, CNI
-------------------------------
LPForum 2016
Amplifying Scholarship: More Choices, More Voices
May 17 - 19, 2016
University of North Texas Libraries

The Library Publishing Coalition (LPC) is accepting proposals for the 2016 Library Publishing Forum, to be held May 17 - 19 in Denton, Texas. An international, community-led organization with over 60 member libraries, the LPC promotes the development of innovative, sustainable publishing services in academic and research libraries to support content creators as they generate, advance, and disseminate knowledge.

KEYNOTE ANNOUNCEMENT
We are very pleased to announce that our opening keynote speaker is Cheryl Ball, associate professor of digital publishing at West Virginia University and editor ofKairos: Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy. Her research on multimodal composition, digital media publishing and editing, and university writing pedagogy can be found on her website: http://ceball.com.

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Libraries as publishers have the means to expand access to publishing, creating opportunities for diverse voices to be heard. We want to hear your stories and visions of how library publishing can and does amplify scholarship by curating, disseminating, promoting, and preserving scholarly and community voices.

We invite proposals from Library Publishing Coalition members and nonmembers, including librarians, university press staff, publishing service providers (vendors), scholars, students, and other scholarly communications and publishing professionals. We especially encourage first-time presenters and representatives of small and emerging publishing programs to submit proposals.

For more information on the event, session formats, and topics of interest, and to submit a proposal, please visit http://www.librarypublishing.org/events/lpforum16/cfp.

Proposal Submission Deadline: January 15, 2016

Acceptance Notification: February 15, 2016