From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Digital Preservation of Federal Information Summit Report
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 14:40:40 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Dear cni-announce subscribers:

In conjunction with the spring 2016 CNI meeting, the University of North Texas (UNT) hosted a Digital Preservation of Federal Information Summit. This meeting attracted thought leaders from a variety of sectors, including universities, federal agencies, and associations. While I was only able to participate in the first part of the meeting, I was impressed by the thoughtful comments by participants and by the depth of knowledge represented in the room. Longterm preservation of federal information of all types -- publications, websites, social media, etc. -- is a very large problem, and must be addressed in order to create a full record of our society for future generations. The report includes recommendations for future work, including developing an environmental scan and a registry.

The report of the summit is now available at http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc826639

--Joan Lippincott, CNI