From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Designing Libraries 5 Conference Announced
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 10:36:33 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Dear cni-announce subscribers:

I am sharing the announcement below, by University of Calgary, the host of the next Designing Libraries Conference. CNI is proud to be a co-sponsor of this conference series, which highlights innovations and new kinds of programs at libraries. This year we will have two preconferences to choose from -- one on Digital Displays for Visualization, Engagement, & Learning and one on Innovations in Teaching & Learning Spaces at the New Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning, a building that opened after the last Designing Libraries conference was held at Calgary.
The conference will include a reception and tour at the newly opened and spectacular building - the National Music Centre - in downtown Calgary and a presentation on the Calgary Public Library, a Snohetta-designed project, which is currently under construction. We will also get an advance look at the Riddell Library and Learning Centre, which will open in October, 2016,  at nearby Mount Royal University.

The main program will include sessions on fostering experimentation, aligning the library organization with facility transformations, new staff roles, and digital research platforms, among others.

The Designing Libraries conferences generally fill up quickly so I encourage you to register soon if you plan to attend.

Joan Lippincott, CNI
On behalf of my colleagues at North Carolina State University and the Coalition for Networked Information, it is my pleasure to announce that the Website and Registration for the Designing Libraries 5 Conference being held at the University of Calgary, September 18-20, is LIVE at: www.ucalgary.ca/designinglibraries/

I hope you will find this year’s production inviting.  It includes some special features and more details will be forthcoming soon.

Tom

H. Thomas Hickerson
Vice Provost and University Librarian
University of Calgary