From: Cliff Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Student Data and Privacy in the Age of Analytics
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 10:20:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Privacy and appropriate use of student data has been a long standing
concern at CNI. Over the summer, we issued the report of our 2015
Executive Roundtable addressing this topic (see
https://www.cni.org/go/privacy-analytics-2016-cni-report ).

Relative to this, I wanted to make sure that readers of this list were
aware of two important documents that came out today and were covered
by the Chronicle for Higher Education (see "Group Unveils a 'Model
Policy' for Handling Study Data", Goldie Blumenstyk, September 6, 2016,
at http://www.chronicle.com/article/Group-Unveils-a-Model-Policy/237690
). These are a report on a conference convened by Ithaca S+R and
Stanford University in June 2016 and a series of related background
documents.

The report is at:

http://www.sr.ithaka.org/publications/student-data-in-the-digital-era/

And the background documents are at: