From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: New Issue of ELI "7 Things"
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:33:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I'm reposting Malcolm Brown's announcement of a new issue of the "7 Things" EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) series. I wrote a brief statement for this issue and thought you might be interested in the various perspectives here.
--Joan Lippincott, CNI
-----------------------------
The ELI is pleased to announce the latest issue of its 7 Things You Should Know About publication.

The topic is new, one we are calling “the evolution of teaching and learning professions” for this initial exploration. The higher ed teaching and learning mission is fulfilled by the work of professionals of diverse backgrounds and skill sets. Yet sometimes we don’t think of ourselves as a profession or think “metacognitively” about how that profession is evolving. So we thought it worthwhile to think about this evolution, incorporating a diverse set of perspectives.

So we asked seven thought leaders to contribute their thoughts as to how they see their profession evolving over the next 2-3 year. Our authors articulate the perspectives of faculty, instructional designer, the center for teaching and learning, the CIO, the librarian, accessibility expert, and a director of digital learning initiatives.

The issue can be accessed here:

Many thanks to our contributors for this issue:
  Randy Bass, Georgetown University
  Christopher Bundy, University of Wisconsin Madison
  Sheryl Burgstahler, University of Washington
  Allan Chen, Muhlenberg College
  Joshua Kim, Dartmouth College
  Joan Lippincott, Coalition for Networked Information
  Mary Wright, Brown University

Best M

Malcolm Brown
Director, EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville CO 80027
direct: 720-406-6745