From: Cliff Lynch <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Joint APLU-AAU Report on Public Access to Research Data
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:56:31 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I wanted to share this announcement with the CNI-community. The report
is short (9 pages) and a good read; it includes a number of very, very
helpful recommendations that I hope get very careful consideration by
the US Federal research funders.

From the announcement:

"The Association of American Universities (AAU) and Association of
Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) today released a report that
details principles and recommended actions universities and federal
agencies can take to advance timely access to data from
federally-sponsored research grants.

The report, produced by a working group of research university leaders
that AAU and APLU convened, details steps federal agencies can take to
facilitate public access to research data in a viable and sustainable
manner that advances science in the public interest while minimizing
the administrative burden on agencies, universities, and researchers.
The report also contains actions universities should take both
collectively and individually to align with the goals of research data
sharing."

The full announcement and a pointer to the report (a PDF).

https://www.aau.edu/newsroom/press-releases/university-groups-detail-recommendations-ensuring-public-access-research

Full disclosure: Along with many others, I had an opportunity to
exchange ideas with the committee that prepared this report in the
course of their discussions.