From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Declaration of Shared Values Open for Comment
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 07:36:47 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
CNI is pleased to be a participating organization in this effort.

-------------------
Dear colleagues,

I wanted to let you know about a new document on shared values that has been drafted and invite your comments and suggestions.

The digital preservation landscape is one of a multitude of choices that vary widely in terms of purpose, scale, cost, and complexity. Over the past year, DPN and a group of collaborating organizations* united in the commitment to digital preservation, came together to explore how we can better communicate with each other and assist members of the wider community as they negotiate this complicated landscape.

As an initial effort, the group drafted a Digital Preservation Declaration of Shared Values that is now open for community comment. The document is available here and the comment period will be open until March 1st. In addition, we welcome suggestions for next steps that would be beneficial as we work together. Comments, suggestions and observations may be communicated to the group at comdigpres@googlegroups.com. We also welcome volunteer efforts to translate this code of ethics into additional languages.

Thank you in advance for reviewing the two-page document and offering your comments.

Have a wonderful week!

Mary Molinaro
Executive Director

*Participating organizations:
- Academic Preservation Trust (APTrust)
- Chronopolis
- CLOCKSS
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL)
- Digital Preservation Network (DPN)
- DuraSpace
- Educopia/MetaArchive Cooperative
- Stanford University - LOCKSS