From: Joan K. Lippincott <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: 2018 Library Publishing Directory
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 23:34:14 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Posting on behalf of the Library Publishing Coalition (LPC); CNI is a Strategic Affiliate of LPC.
--Joan Lippincott
-----------------------

Announcing the 2018 Library Publishing Directory and new online Directory platform

The Library Publishing Coalition is pleased to announce publication of the 2018 Library Publishing Directory, as well as the launch of a new, searchable online platform for the Directory data.

2018 Library Publishing Directory

This year’s Library Publishing Directory highlights the publishing activities of 125 academic and research libraries, and is openly available in PDF and EPUB format. TheDirectory illustrates the many ways in which libraries are actively transforming and advancing scholarly communications in partnership with scholars, students, university presses, and others.

Each year, the Directory‘s introduction presents a ‘state of the field’ based on that year’s data. We have also published this year’s on our blog: What library publishing looks like in 2017.

New Online Platform for the Directory

We are also excited to share the Directory in a new format - a searchable online platform! As of launch, the new platform includes the data from the 2017 and 2018 Directories, with 2014 through 2016 coming soon. In addition to full-text searching, the new platform allows users to sort and limit by a number of factors, including location, publication types and formats, and software platforms used. We are delighted to provide this new functionality for the Directory’s rich data set, and we welcome feedback on it.

Publication of the 2018 Directory was overseen by the LPC's Directory Committee:

  • Liz Hamilton, Northwestern University (2017-18 chair)
  • Joshua Neds-Fox, Wayne State University
  • Tom Bielavitz, Portland State University
  • Alexandra Hoff, Purdue University
  • Melanie Schlosser, Educopia Institute (ex officio)

The Directory is made possible by the generous donation of services from Purdue University Libraries and Bookmasters.

SAVE THE DATE:

Join us for the 2018 Library Publishing Forum, May 21 - 23, in Minneapolis, MN!