From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Report from National Strategy for Shareable Local Name Authorities Forum
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 15:35:31 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I had the opportunity to participate in an IMLS-funded forum looking at
how we might take local name authorities into a much more collaborative
and networked environment. This is a theme that is showing up in many
discussions about managing names and identities in the emerging
environment, and connects to developments in biography and digital
humanities as well as discovery environments. The problem is both
complex and important.

Here is the announcement of the results from the national strategy
forum.

----------------------------------

Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the outputs of the IMLS-funded National
Strategy for Shareable Local Name Authorities National Forum (SLNA-NF).
The SLNA-NF project brought together colleagues from a wide range of
stakeholder communities for a series of in-person and  virtual meetings
to discuss issues surrounding creation, maintenance and sharing of
local name authorities and entities. The white paper and reference
model examine these issues, including workflows, minimum viable
specifications, reconciliation as a service  and data provider
obligations.

White paper: http://hdl.handle.net/1813/56343
Reference model: http://hdl.handle.net/1813/56582

This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and
Library Services [LG-73-16-0040-16]

On behalf of the SLNA-NF participants
(https://confluence.cornell.edu/x/N44kF)