From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart diane@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: ALA Forum on Preservation of Electronic Government Information
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 16:01:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Our colleagues with the Preservation of Electronic Government Information (PEGI) Project invite you to a conversation at the ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans. Please see below for details.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart
CNI Communications

You are invited to join a conversation at the ALA Annual Conference on how research that makes use of electronic government information may be detrimentally affected. We seek your assistance in charting a path forward.

In late 2016, concerns about public access to government data erupted into the national spotlight. Researchers, librarians, and archivists are concerned with ensuring long-term access to and preventing the permanent loss of electronic government information. The Preservation of Electronic Government Information (PEGI) Project goal is to engage diverse communities in discussion around this topic to better understand current and future research practices with these materials.

Please consider joining us at the ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans on Friday, June 22nd, 2:30 - 3:30 PM. We will be hosting a mini-forum at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in room Chart A. To assist us with planning for this event, please RSVP at the following link: http://bit.ly/PEGIALAAC18

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at info@pegiproject.org or tweet us at www.twitter.com/PEGIProject. For more information about the PEGI Project, visit us at www.pegiproject.org.