From: Joan K. Lippincott joan@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Learning Spaces Collaboratory Conference on Assessment - Zoom
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 12:47:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I’ve been working with the Learning Spaces Collaboratory (LSC) for a number of years on their high quality programs. I’ll be a panelist (pre-recorded) during this Zoom event (also available in person at Santa Clara U.) on August 1. Please see information below to participate.
—Joan Lippincott, CNI
The LSC focus on assessment begins with the LSC National Zoom Conference on Assessment scheduled for August 1, 2018. The agenda is to explore three dimensions of this initiative: i) what we now know—from research and from the field—about how spaces matter to the experience of learning and to the institutional culture; ii) what we now need to know, based on current research and practice; and iii) what we might need to know to inform and inspire the efforts of those responsible for shaping learning environments for undergraduate learners.

This Zoom meeting will be facilitated by Gail Burd, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs—University of Arizona, who will report on the process at UA of integrating attention to assessment into their efforts to shape spaces for active-learning across campus. Panelists include members of the LSC Assessment Initiative Leadership Team.

With this Zoom Conference we introduce a new LSC initiative: focusing on exploring and analyzing and documenting data and stories about spaces that make a difference, about planning processes that make a difference. This Zoom Conference will give an overview of the why, the who, and the how of assessment. Brief comments will be made about what we know about  particular learning experiences and spaces, as well as particular planning strategies. Further comments will be made about what we need to know.  This Zoom conference will be facilitated by the LSC Assessment Leadership Task Force.

August 1, 2018
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT

Please join us either virtually or in person at Santa Clara University.
Further information will be posted next week. Send an email to pkallsc@pkallsc.org if you are interested in joining this conversation.

More information is at https://www.pkallsc.org/