From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: New Report: The Future of Email Archives
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 15:05:01 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) has just
published the report from a task force sponsored by the Andrew W.
Mellon Foundation and the Digital Preservation Coalition that looked at
the current state of the art in archiving electronic mail, and outlined
a series of strategies to overcome current challenges in working with
these materials.

The report can be found at

https://www.clir.org/pubs/reports/pub175/

This is a major examination of a central problem for libraries and
archives, as well as for records management.

Several members of the task force were able to join us at the Spring
2018 CNI meeting in San Diego, and participated in our Executive
Roundtables on Email Archiving at that meeting. The report from the
Roundtables is currently in preparation and I will announce it here
when it's available.