From: Joan K. Lippincott joan@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Interview with Tom Hickerson - 21st Century Libraries
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 12:04:28 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
In an expansive interview, Thomas Hickerson, formerly Vice Provost and University Librarian at the University of Calgary, discusses the planning of the Taylor Family Digital Library (TFDL), the rationale for choices made to enable the library to keep up with a changing environment, and the way that the library is working with researchers today. He also provides some insights into how his work as an archivist and Special Collections librarian at Cornell informed the acquisition of some major archives at the TFDL. The TFDL is one of the libraries that has set the standards for how we think about library spaces, technologies, programs, collections, and expertise today.

It was a pleasure for me to conduct this interview of Tom at the Designing Libraries for the 21st Century Conference VII at the University of Calgary in September. I encourage you to view the video of the interview, now available at:

—Joan Lippincott, CNI

-------

Joan K. Lippincott, Ph.D.

Associate Executive Director