From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart diane@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: CfP: Open Repositories 2019
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:03:20 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
CNI is pleased to partner with the Open Repositories 2019 conference; below are details regarding the recently-issued call for proposals. More information is available at https://or2019.blogs.uni-hamburg.de/.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart
CNI Communications

***********

CALL FOR PROPOSALS OPEN REPOSITORIES 2019 CONFERENCE (also available online at http://or2019.net/cfp)

The 14th International Conference on Open Repositories, OR2019, will be held June 10-13th, 2019 in Hamburg, Germany. The organisers are pleased to invite you to contribute to the program. This year’s conference theme is:

ALL THE USER NEEDS

Repository services are developed and maintained for the benefit of their users. In a global digital research environment this requires interoperable services designed around user needs. In order to create the backbone of a successful open science environment, repositories need to move beyond stand-
alone systems and articulate an exciting vision for the future of research globally. This requires us to combine a realistic understanding of the potential of technology with an assessment of the policy environment and an engagement with the needs of our users. Researchers and other content providers need our help to make their work visible and to make an impact on society. Easy, straightforward access to and reusability of information are driving forces for repositories, open access, open data and open cultural heritage.

Not all of our users are human. In addition to people we are now working with increasingly smart machines to organise and discover knowledge. To make this cooperation as seamless and effective as possible, we need interfaces that are easy to understand and easy to use. In light of recent research on artificial intelligence, we may need to reinterpret our prior ideas of the core competencies and skills required for the repository mission to succeed.

INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE

OR2019 will provide an opportunity to explore and reflect on the ways repositories interact with their users. We hope that this discussion will give the participants new insights and new inspiration, which will help them to play a key role in developing, supporting and sharing an open agenda and open tools for research and scholarship.

We welcome proposals on the overall user-centered theme, but also on other theoretical, practical, organisational or administrative topics related to digital repositories.

KEY DATES

9 January 2019: Deadline for submissions
16 January 2019: Deadline for Scholarship Programme applications
6 February 2019: Submitters notified of acceptance of workshop proposals
13 February 2019: Registration opens
4 March 2019: Scholarship Programme winners notified
4 March 2019: Submitters notified of acceptance of full presentation, 24x7, poster and developer track proposals
15 April 2019: Close of Early Bird registration
10-13 June 2019: OR2019 conference

CONTACT INFORMATION

Program Co-Chairs

Jyrki Ilva, National Library of Finland
Jessica Lindholm, Chalmers University of Technology
Torsten Reimer, British Library
Contact: or19-program-chairs@googlegroups.com

Local Hosts

Universität Hamburg
Center for Sustainable Research Data Management
Contact: or2019.fdm@uni-hamburg.de

Website and Social Media

Conference website:  http://or2019.net/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ORConference/