From: Joan K. Lippincott joan@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Web Privacy Forum - Project Update and Request for Feedback
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 08:05:10 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Here’s an opportunity to provide comments on a topic of interest - web privacy and web analytics. Please follow the links to the resources below and consider providing some input to the project team. In addition, those attending the Spring CNI meeting in St. Louis will have an opportunity to attend a session on this project and provide input in person.

—Joan Lippincott, CNI
The IMLS-funded National Forum on Web Privacy and Web Analytics project team is excited to share an update. Last fall we hosted an event at Montana State University that brought together 40 librarians, technologists, and privacy researchers with the goal of producing a practical roadmap for enhancing our analytics practice in support of privacy. Today, we’re sharing the in-draft documents that represent the results of this community Forum.

We've created an Action Handbook that provides resources and best practices to guide libraries in responsibly implementing web analytics. We're also sharing 8 Pathways to Action, which are community initiatives for achieving better analytics practices that supports user privacy. All documents are available for public comment via our project website: http://www.lib.montana.edu/privacy-forum.

We hope that you will take a closer look and provide critical feedback and new ideas for improvement. Your feedback is requested by April 1 so that we can incorporate it into our final documents. Your feedback will directly inform the development and finalization of these ideas and documents. We appreciate the time and energy it takes to read and review, and we’re grateful for any comments you make to the documents. We’ll release another update in May when the documents are finalized.

Please contact Project Director Scott Young [http://www.lib.montana.edu/people/99] for more information on the project and the documents that we’ve shared above.