From: Joan K. Lippincott joan@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Focus groups - Digital Scholarly Communication Infrastructure
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 11:06:50 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Many of you will be interested in this project and you have the opportunity for input at the ALA Conference in Washington, DC.

—Joan Lippincott, CNI
—————

All – I am working on a Mellon Foundation funded grant to map digital scholarly communication infrastructure.  This is a follow on the 2.5% Commitment.  As part of this work we are looking for academic library deans/directors and/or AULs to participate in a number of focus groups to get their perspectives on the current state of this infrastructure and their willingness to invest in it.  Information on the project can be found at: https://scholarlycommons.net/map/ and information on the focus groups can be found at:https://scholarlycommons.net/focus-groups/

 We are currently looking to fill out to focus groups at ALA.  They will be held on Monday June 24th at 8:30 AM and at 4 PM.  To participate in the ALA groups sign up athttps://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080a49a9af2ca4f85-focus .

 If you cannot be at ALA, there are other options for participation at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenfYuecKolsWhC5hofPi5_RPWE-37t0DR40WAOlMRv_2Xtyg/viewform

I would ask that you consider participating.  And if you could forward this message to others who might be interest.

To provide a bit more context, you may want to read the recently published interview

(https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2019/06/12/invest-open-infrastructure/)  with Dan Whaley about the Invest in Open Infrastructure

(http://investinopen.org) effort that our efforts are aligned with.

Thanks.

 David

David W. Lewis

Dean Emeritus of the IUPUI University Library