Mailing Lijst CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org Bericht #114698
From: Joan K. Lippincott joan@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: ELI 7 Things: Digital Literacy
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 14:57:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Im pleased to announce the availability of this new addition to the ELI 7 Things series. As Malcolm Brown states, it was a broad, complex, and challenging topic, and I enjoyed working with colleagues on producing this issue.
Joan Lippincott, CNI
--------------------------------------
A new ELI 7 Things publication “hit the stands” (at least the virtual ones) recently, and the topic is digital literacies. Interest in this topic has surged over the past several years, as measured by the ELI Key Issues survey: the topic was 13th in 2016 but ranks 4th in 2019.

This issue presented an interesting challenge: compress a complex topic like digital literacies into the 7 Things framework.  As we state in the issue itself, digital literacy “..encompasses a range of skills and knowledge necessary to evaluate, use, and create digital in-formation in various forms. Digital literacies include data literacy, information literacy, visual literacy, media literacy, and metaliteracy, as well as related capacities for assessing social and ethical issues in our digital world.”

But thanks to the help supplied by our subject matter experts, we were able to pull together the issue.  So many thanks are owed to:
  • Debra Gilchrist, Pierce College
  • Alison Head, Project Information Literacy
  • Trudi Jacobson, SUNY Albany
  • Joan Lippincott, CNI

As always, the ELI 7 Things is free to all.  The issue on literacies can be fetched here:

best M

Malcolm Brown
Director of Learning Initiatives

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville CO 80027
direct: 575.448.1313
Inschrijven (FEED) Inschrijven (DIGEST) Inschrijven (INDEX) Uitschrijven Mailen naar Listmaster