From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Passing of Former NLM Director Lindberg
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 11:05:45 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I was greatly saddened to hear of the death of former National Library
of Medicine Director Dr. Donald
Lindberg. Don was a genuine visionary and superb strategic leader who
was responsible for enabling many of the
key advances in both bio-informatics and public access to biomedical
and health information as we
know them today.

The announcement from the National Library of Medicine is here

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/news/Lindberg_Passing.html

He was also a great friend to and supporter of CNI. In 2014 it was my
privilege to be able to present Dr. Lindberg
with the Paul Evan Peters award at our Spring meeting.

The award announcement can be found here

https://www.cni.org/news/donald-lindberg-to-receive-pep-award