From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Carol Mandel Paper on Born-DIgital Preservation Available for Comment
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 19:15:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Over the past few months I have had a number of long, wonderful conversations with CLIR Presidential Fellow Carol Mandel about her fascinating work on born-digital preservation at scale, which turns out to be very closely related to thinking I've been doing over the past decade about stewardship in the digital world. Carol has now issued the first chapter of her analysis, which frames a series of questions for discussion by the community. The paper can be found at

https://clir-dlf.box.com/s/31tc6nrua3cj8jjwoymee78gl3plzlo2

Carol will be leading a discussion on this at the DLF Fall Forum. She and I will also be doing a breakout session on this work at the December CNI Member Meeting.

Comments on this important and insightful work and the questions it raises are welcome, and should be sent to comments@clir.org