From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart diane@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Call for Proposals - Open Repositories 2020
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 12:35:30 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Proposals are now being accepted for the 2020 Open Repositories Conference, to be held June 1-4 in Stellenbosch, South Africa - information below, and details at https://or2020.sun.ac.za/call-for-proposals/.

CNI is pleased to serve as a cooperating organization once again for this important event.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart
CNI Communications

Call for Proposals - Open Repositories 2020

The 15th International Conference on Open Repositories, OR2020, will be held in Stellenbosch, South Africa, from 1-4 June 2020. The organisers are pleased to invite you to contribute to the program. This year’s conference theme is:

Open for all

In today’s world, access to knowledge by all is viewed by some as a fundamental freedom and human right. In our societies, open knowledge for all can enable sustainable development and growth on many levels. How well do repositories support knowledge in the service of society? How well do they enable local knowledge sharing and support not only academic use, but also use in education and practice?

Invitation to participate

OR2020 will provide an opportunity to explore and reflect on the ways repositories enable openness for all. We hope that this discussion will give the participants new insights and inspiration, which will help them to play a key role in developing, supporting and sharing an open agenda and open tools for research and scholarship.
We particularly welcome proposals on the overall “Open for All” theme, but also on other administrative, organisational or practical topics related to digital repositories.

Submission Process
The Program Committee has provided templates to use for submissions (see https://or2020.sun.ac.za/call-for-proposals/ for links). Please use the submission template, and then submit through ConfTool (link coming soon) where you will be asked to provide additional information (such as primary contact and the conference subtheme your submission best fits).

Local Hosts
Contact: Mimi Seyffert-Wirth (mseyf@sun.ac.za / or2020@sun.ac.za)

Website and Social Media
Hashtag: #openrepos2020