From: Joan K. Lippincott joan@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Horizon Report - call for exemplar projects
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 16:15:01 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Many of you in the CNI community have exemplary projects or programs in the emerging technologies and practices identified in this year's Horizon Report. This report gets a lot of visibility globally and I encourage you to submit relevant projects via the link in Malcolm Brown’s message below. I served on the expert panel for this year’s report, as I have done in the past. Please note the Dec. 4 deadline.
—Joan Lippincott, CNI
———————————————
Colleagues,
As you know, EDUCAUSE has been working closely with the expert panel to prepare the 2020 Horizon Report. We have recently concluded the voting for the six most important emerging technologies and practices for teaching and learning in higher ed.

For 2020, we will continue the long-standing tradition of reaching out to the community for projects that illustrate these technologies and practices in action. If your institution is working with any of the six (listed below), we encourage you to submit your project or initiative via the below-linked form. You are welcome to submit more than one project.

This work can be in almost any form: production or pilot programs, research projects, faculty undertakings, emerging technology trials, or evaluation/assessment projects. The intent is to give readers a more concrete sense of how these technologies and practices are playing out in higher education. We include three such exemplary projects for each of the six technologies and practices highlighted in the EDUCAUSE Horizon Report. We will also be inviting a subset of the authors of the submissions to write up their work in the post for the EDUCAUSE T&L blog Transforming Higher Ed.

The six emerging technologies and practices selected by the expert panel for 2020 are:
  • AI/Machine Learning Educational Applications
  • Open Educational Resources
  • Adaptive Learning Technologies
  • Analytics for Student Success
  • XR (AR/VR/MR/Haptic)
  • Elevation of instructional design, learning engineering, and UX design in pedagogy

The URL for the submission form is:

The deadline for submission is December 4, 2019.  These exemplar projects are the heart of the Horizon Report. Many thanks in advance for contributing to the 2020 edition!