From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart diane@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Call for Additional Project Briefing Proposals: CNI Spring '20 Virtual Meeting
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 10:42:59 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The world has changed drastically since planning began for CNI’s Spring 2020 Membership Meeting; indeed, even in the brief time since we announced the transition to a virtual spring meeting priorities have shifted and new strategies have emerged. Given the multitude of pressing issues our community faces in this new reality, we are soliciting additional project briefing proposals for CNI’s Spring 2020 Virtual Membership Meeting, particularly focusing on topics that relate specifically and directly to current challenges. There are undoubtedly a myriad of issues our community would benefit from hearing about and discussing at this most critical time; some of these topics include:

Research continuity when campuses are closed
Supporting suddenly remote students
Open resources and research, teaching & learning
Technology equity
Rapid cloud service implementation
Developing 3D printing strategies to support manufacturing short-falls

Project briefings will take place as 30-minute or one-hour webinars weekdays from April 2nd through May 29th during the noon-5pm EDT/9am-1pm PDT window; only one webinar will take place within each available time slot. Anyone may propose a project briefing webinar, including groups/individuals from non-member institutions and organizations.

Proposals may be submitted via online form:
Deadline for submissions is Monday, April 13, 2020. We’ll respond to the proposals on a rolling basis, aiming for a roughly one week window from submission to response. Our expectation is that we’ll accept a maximum of about a dozen of these proposals.

Please stay tuned for additional announcements and calls for participation related to the spring virtual meeting focusing on these developments and others.

More information is at https://www.cni.org/mm/spring-2020. Follow along: #cni20s. Please contact us if you have any questions

Diane & Clifford