From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart diane@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Help advance library publishing infrastructure: A quick survey
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 10:47:20 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Dear CNI Community,

Please see below a request from CDL/Educopia/Stratos/LYRASIS/COAR/Longleaf a request to participate in a brief survey re. library publishing infrastructure and the Next Generation Library Publishing (NGLP) project and how to improve scholarly publishing infrastructure. If you have a moment, they would appreciate your input.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart, CNI

——
From CDL/Educopia/Stratos/LYRASIS/COAR/Longleaf:

We know these are complicated times, and you are enduring challenges in multiple areas. Many of us are adjusting to new working environments (and office-mates!), and our tools, workflows, and communication methods are being stretched and tested under new constraints.

The Next Generation Library Publishing (NGLP) project (https://educopia.org/next-generation-library-publishing/) has funding from Arcadia (https://www.arcadiafund.org.uk/) to invest in existing, emerging, and new infrastructure for library publishing in 2020-21, and we’d like your thoughts on how and where to spend those funds. This is your chance to help shape the future of library and other nonprofit publishing!

We seek your perspectives, needs, and opinions on how our NGLP team could help to improve your experience with publishing workflows and technologies.

Tell us your ideas on how to improve scholarly publishing infrastructure. These might include new tools, enhancements to
existing tools, bridges between tools, hosted solutions, or even work on shared practices and standards. We are also interested in
learning about other projects or initiatives that relate to this effort.

We are eager for all your ideas, from single-sentence wishes to brief proposals for fully formulated plans. It may be something
that you or your organization wants to work on, or something that you wish others would do to make your life easier. No suggestion is too big or too small!

Please share your ideas by completing this short survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G5225CB) by or before 4/24/2020. We hope that you will participate and share this request widely among your colleagues. The results will help in identification of development priorities for the project. A summary will be shared in our reports. If you have questions or comments, please email us at NGLP@educopia.org

Sincerely,

The Next Generation Library Publishing Team

Catherine Mitchell, Director of Publishing, Archives, and Digitization, California Digital Library
Katherine Skinner, Executive Director of the Educopia Institute
Kristen Ratan, Founder, Stratos

Catherine Mitchell, PhD
Director of Publishing, Archives, and Digitization
California Digital Library | University of California
catherine.mitchell@ucop.edu

escholarship.org | osc.universityofcalifornia.edu
calisphere.org | oac.cdlib.org